Friday, June 15, 2012

Warhammer Forge - The Preyton


Another beast from Monstrous Arcanum is out from Warhammer Forge, the preyton. Check it out here. I was not expecting this to be coming out any time soon, but here it is. I was not bowled over by the concept art in the book, but I really like the miniature. It would also make a cracking abyssal terror (if anyone ever used them) with a little jiggery. I must say I'm really enjoying the beasties from Warhammer Forge, there are a few from Arcanum I'll be picking up if the minis are as good as the illustrations in the book.

7 comments:

  1. That's properly pretty... I really like all the textures and the baleful wail from the decayed maw... so much nicer than all the smooth surfaces GW are dishing out these days. And comparatively affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little underwhelmed by this one, although I wonder if it's due to the really dark paint job they've given it? I do like they way they've captured the idea of clumsy and unnatural movement in the model though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I love it. It looks anguished and awkward, a true abomination. Lovely.

    I would give it a different paint job though, but it's nice to WF painting the new releases now. Still waiting for someone to do a nice job on the fimir, I won't get to mine for a bit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too impressed by this one, though I agree that it could be painted a lot better. The feathers in the wings seem really clumsy to me. I loved the fimir and the chaos dwarf characters they released earlier in the year, but since then nothing has really grabbed me. With the plethora of quality resin sculpts available these days, maybe they need to raise their bar a little?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. They have quite a catalogue to get through, plenty of scope for nice sculpts.

      Delete
  5. That's lovely- a massive improvement on the old D&D Peryton, which always looked daft:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:D%26DPeryton.JPG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey Len, I didn't even know it existed before this!

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...