Monday, October 22, 2012

Warhammer - New FAQ's out


Games Workshop have just released a whole big sackful of FAQ's, with some fairly major changes. The biggest one is the changes to overrun as far as I can see. Now, any unit with the daemonic instability or unstable rule, or war machines failing a break test don't grant an overrun if the unit is destroyed as a result of these rules effects. Massive. I'm very surprised that the ruling went this way, it makes daemons and vampire counts units more powerful, and it's going to be much harder to roll an artillery line. I can see my single spirit hosts getting more table time and small dire wolf units making a triumphant return.

There's a pile more changes, monstrous cavalry now use the monsters toughness, and from the other FAQ's, nice titbits are the banshee can now scream into a combat she's not in, which clears that up. There's also a nice change for the tomb kings in that units with the entombed beneath the sands rule can now choose to deploy normally. Every little helps, I guess.

Get the FAQ's here.

Bad Dice Daily review the FAQ's today on episode 111.

3 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that I don't know anything about the 8th edition rules. I remember reading 6th edition book some years ago, and that's all the math-side of the hobby I've experienced...

    But for a rule newbie this sort of policy of ever changing rules even the book is out sounds bizarre. But I don't know anything so my argument is invalid!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more clarification and slight amendment than outright rules changes. GW does seem to be listening to the players of late, and settling some running ambiguities that have been surfacing.

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean Turska...I haven't read the errata in sometime and most of the changes are slight word changes that without context I wouldn't know how to apply the changes.

      It's another reason I play Kings of War.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...