A small update. I've a couple more half dead converted, and I finished working on the slave driver's base. I'm very happy with the slave driver, he's going to be a lot of fun to paint, and I can't wait to paint up his base. He'll also need some water effects to go in the recesses. This model will need to look really good, as it will most likely be the unit's focal point.
The two half dead here are just rank and file, grist for the mill as it were. I used the solder pen again, on the shield and abdomen on the one on the left mostly. Half the unit is assembled now, so we're getting there. Next up is the musician, who I'm looking forward to assembling up as he carries a long Celtic horn which will make him stand out a fair bit.