Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fimir - Slave Driver Update 1

I'm currently working on the fimir slave driver for the half dead unit. I love working on fillers, they are a great opportunity for building the theme up of the unit. For the half dead, when the unit is finished it will be immediately apparent that the fimir have little regard for, or fear of these undead, literally whipping them into battle.


This fellow has a couple of new components I haven't used on fimm before. The resin fimir heads worked out great, and this is the first time I've used one in a conversion. Also, the broch holding his tattered cloak on is from Scibor. There's a nice range of Celtic style shields and armour bits I picked up from there, which will work perfectly on the fimir warriors are heroes. The massive shields I'll save for the marlwyrm riders.

Now the slaver is curing, I'll move onto the base, which needs to have the tree stump properly integrated into the base, as well as adding some more details.

4 comments:

  1. Well matey, you know the saying - where there's a whip there's a way!

    Looking great, this is going to be a "cracking" unit when its done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like your whole army a lot =) that is another cool piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks. Don't worry Thant, I'm going to 'lash' out this unit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always well done. Looking forward seeing it painted.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...