Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hobby - Crackle Paint


Perusing the awesome B.L.O.O.D forum this morning, I came across a hobby discovery that sent me reeling. One of the forum members, digerr, posted up some of his rather tasty work. Lovely muted colours on wonderful old miniatures, but what stopped me in my tracks was the shield, which you can see above and below. Look at the cracked effect, is it not joyous?


After some more reading, I discovered it was due to using Distress Crackle Paint from Ranger. I'm sure many of you have been using this for years already, but think of the myriad of applications for this. From cracked ceramic armour to breaking glass and ice.

I think I need a lie down.

2 comments:

  1. I have a bottle of this, yet to be opened, and I had thought to use it for bases. This just opens my eyes to many more possibilities for it's use. I hope to try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is PERFECT for the Chaos shields...as shown above...I may have to find some myself.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...