Today I've been experimenting with a new method of adding drool and saliva to my recently completed marlwyrm. I've not added saliva or drool to a model in a long time, and my materials and techniques needed a little updating. After some advice from Madrab (Ciaran Bolger) from the Wargaming Ireland forums, I had a lead on a new product, UHU Twist & Glue.
|Ciaran Bolger's fantastic Throne of Everblight|
Once dry, I figured that while it looks great, it'll be soon annihilated by use on the table, so I added a coat of gloss varnish. This has two benefits, it hardens the glue to better withstand the rigour of gaming, and also thickens the strands so they can be more easily seen. I'm pretty happy with the results.
(Edit: One other little side-effect of the gloss varnish I didn't notice is that any areas where the UHU has dried white are turned clear again once the gloss is applied as it partially melts the glue. A word of caution though, too much gloss will melt your strings of saliva! Apply sparingly once the glue is TOTALLY dry. Learned the hard way there.)