Monday, November 2, 2015

Judgement Day Post 28 - Undercity Terrain


This week, with minutes to spare, we have the beginnings of my under-city terrain set. Judge Williams will be along presently, but I want to take my time with him, especially after watching episode one of Ash vs Evil Dead, which was pretty damn great, incidentally.


Anyway, I have little in the way of sci-fi terrain, and I decided I would concentrate on the under-city of Mega City One. Concreted over and left to decay, the under-city is the abode of mutants, troggies and werewolves. You heard right, werewolves. So, this was as good a time as any to kick it off. These pieces are from the Mantic Mars Attacks range, pretty much prefect for urban ruin. As I intend to paint up plenty of Martians as well, this set will get plenty of utility for modern and near future settings. The modular buildings from the same range are bang on too, and will give me a few multi-storey ruins. I painted these pieces as rusty and dirty, and it gave me a chance to try out some sponge weathering without too much pressure. I like the random effects sponge give, I'll certainly be using it more. Once again the GW technical paints proves their worth. I love you, Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust.


I think I'll soon add a chem pit, and start looking about for some terrain mats. There are loads of great ones out, so I'm sure I'll find something to match. Course, I'll eventually need some denizens too, so troggies and werewolves are definitely on the list down the road.

Sneaky Orlok is sneaky.
As always, Cheetor will be back with more Judgement Day from Sho3box next week.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. In not too long you will be able to set up some action shots, which are always a bit of fun :)

    If you aim for a 3 x 3' Undercity area with some sort of exit then I will finish off my gatehouse piece for the Sector 13 terrain set. Even thinking about a load of zombies, troggies and werewolves pouring out of that into the city and being pushed back into the depths by lawmasters, patwagons and maybe even a Manta makes me all tingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Paul on this one Dave & would love to see your take on the undercity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More coming Frank, I'll be adding to the set over the next while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I must pull my finger out and get my own painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. Doing a joint project like this one is a great way to get stuff done I've found.

      Delete
  5. I also catched Ash vs Evil Dead yesterday and that pulled me through some tedious basing. I quite liked the start and will definitely follow it.

    The terrain looks great! As for mats I couldn't agree more. I use Frontline myself, I have the alpine and urban combat mats. Excellent quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tommy. Frontline eh? I must take a look.

      Delete
  6. I've not seen the technical paints used to such great effect before (including my own endeavours sadly)
    I applaud your choice of scenery, it could fit with anything really; 40k, warmachine, death race, rogue trader oh and judge dredd. It's nice to get a lot of usage out of terrain without it being pigeon holed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 24, the technical paints unbelievably useful, they can add a huge amount for limited effort.

      I don't have a lot of sci-fi scenery, and my aim is to build a set that can be used as undercity, ruined Imperial habs, the ruins of London and so on. The bulk of the pieces will be generic, with some specific theme pieces to anchor it in a setting. Utility is the name of the game!

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...