Sunday, May 14, 2017

Slaughterpriest - Markus Scissorfist


Another Khorne follower has snuck onto my painting table. This time the Slaughterpriest given away with White Dwarf some time back. I'm quite a fan of Gorechosen and Silver Tower, so I thought this lad would kill two birds with one stone. He needed more Khorne though, so I replaced his head with a Khorne head from the chaos spawn kit. I like my chaos pretty mutated too, so I gave him a big old claw from the Forsaken kit. (I LOVE the Forsaken kit. It was panned pretty badly, but I think it's full of super bits and pieces) With a giant KHORNE symbol on his head and a hand made out of knives, all subtlety was now banished and painting could begin.


I decided to avoid brass, as I'm a contrarian. I still went full red on some armour though, I'm not a total douche. I painted him in three sections with the left leg and big old belt buckle seperate. It was the only way to get at the back of his left leg and underpants and such. What? I'd know, and that's what matters. I gotta say though, gluing painted sections together never fails to make me super nervous. One false move...

I took some painting cues from a Khorne thug I painted a while back, and they served me well enough. The pale cloth lifts the model's palette out of brown town a bit. I decided to paint his flail as if it was some manner of brazier, even though I was almost too scared to paint it it's so delicate. New technology makes super fine models a reality, but they can be fragile. I have 80s plastic orcs you could drive over and they'd be fine, but this guy's flail, yikes.

Markus here will be my champion in both Silver Tower and Gorechosen, as well as possibly heading up a delegation of nutters for Paths to Glory in Age of Sigmar. Utility, that's the ticket.

Anyhow, just for laughs, look at the size of this guy next to a Realm of Chaos thug:


He's HUAGE. That's a 40mm base. Okay, slaughterpriests are meant to be bigger than most dudes anyway, but bloody hell. I'm still going to use them in the same warband though. 'AW, HE'S SO CUTE, LOOKIT HIS ICKLE FLAIL.' Markus will say.

12 comments:

  1. Love those underpants! Great conversion and painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mr Fogey! Well, you can't have chafing when you're reaping the skull harvest, can you?

      Delete
  2. Great job! May I ask how you painted the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing. Base of Dawnstone, then a liberal wash of Agrax Earthshade. Drybrush with Dawnstone, Fortress Grey, Bleached Bone (both Fortress Grey and Bleached Bone are OOP, but there are modern equivalents) and then a very light drybrush of white. Paint the skulls, bones and such. Then apply the brown patches with Typhus Corrosion. I have a very damp brush on hand after I add a patch to blend it out a bit. That's it! It's a very quick technique.

      Delete
  3. That guy is furiously nice. Yo'uve really managed to make his gigantic BLOOD RED HEAD look great despite the traps it could lead to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Assless. I couldn't help turning the KHORNE! up to 11 on this guy.

      Delete
  4. You really balanced the red flesh with the red armour and red... other flesh on this gent very well Mr.S. Thats a tricky thing to manage well, good job.

    Does Markus have an Austrian accent? Perhaps he has a high pitched voice? How does he feel about Slaanexit?

    The public demands to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheetor, I seem to have an affinity with the reds. Or maybe I just love Bloodletter glaze and medium. Actually, you've reminded me, I need more medium.

      Markus sounds exactly like the hosts from the Ukranian Eurovision. He's all for Slaanexit, just so they'll stop calling him... that nickname. You know the one. It's the REAL source of the rage. Even Khorne is jibing him about it now.

      Delete
  5. Very nice, scale creep is obvious, but who cares;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes scale creep is an issue, other times no. As slaughterpriests are supposedly bigger than ordinary humans it's graaaaannd.

      Delete
  6. I can almost here the little fella saying "Aye your a big man . . .but your out of shape and for me this is a way of life"!

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...