- You're walking along the beach and you notice some shells. You think: "They'd look great on the base of my daemon prince."
- You're picking out tiles for a new bathroom and you pause and think: "I must hold onto the offcuts for smashing into nice basing material." (You can tell I like basing.)
- You can never walk past a pet store in case they have some fish tank plants or decorations that can be used as scenery.
- Every plastic take out container is cleaned and pressed into service as a miniature box.
- You can't visit a hardware store without looking at glues, blue foam, cork sheeting and filler, but not for DIY.
- Every time you see a movie with knights/lasers/Roman soldiers you're looking at it in terms of a painting guide/next army inspiration.
The more I stared, the more I could see, with a good mdf base, come cutting and a couple of little additions, I'd have me a pretty good ruined building. Extra floors could be added too. These plastic baskets are in almost every hardware store, and you could easily make 3 or 4 big ruins sections with them. You'd have that ruined cityscape up in no time.