Thursday, October 23, 2014

Genestealer Cult - Hybrid Aberration Heavy Weapon Servitor


I've had a notion to do a large hybrid servitor as an addition to the squad for a while now. This guy has been cobbled together with blu-tack and left at the back of the paint station for months now, so I thought it time to put him together properly. As with the smaller aberrations, this fellow is a less than perfect blend of human and genestealer dna. He's been heavily augmented, then pumped full of growth hormones and stims, turning him into little more than a massive automaton awaiting the will of the magus.

He'll take the spot of a heavy weapons team in the squad. The autocannon is magnetized in case I want to change out the weapon.

The next member of the squad under the knife is also in the shot, the six-limbed vox caster. He needs some work on his vox set, but otherwise is pretty much ready for assembly.

8 comments:

  1. The big hybrid looks brutal. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ana. He was fun to do. I need to stop tinkering with him and get onto the next model!

      Delete
  2. He looks fab Dave, now I know you've been using some of these guys in pulp alley but do you intend to do a full 40K army with them ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank. Ultimately yes, but a small one. I probably think somewhere between 1000 and 1500 points would be as far as I'll take them. I've no real interest in doing a lot of vehicles past limos and robots.

      Delete
  3. I have plans for a the Cult to run into some Leprechan Ratlings and probably some Foaks treepeople in the dilapidated environs of Standard Falls in the hopefully not too distant future.

    That heavy weapon freak and the rather (relatively) regal looking comms guy will fit right in.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. I was going to build the rest of the unit before painting, but I've decided to paint the heavy and the special weapons guy to get them table ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A better idea under the circumstances I think. I find turning over a few models a better motivator than planning the daunting army sized, big picture projects.

      Look after the footsloggers and the companies look after themselves, or something like that.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...