Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Mumblings on Point Hammered


Morning folks. I was out in my garden yesterday, listening to Podcasts, as I am want to do. While listening to the excellent Point Hammered I was stopped firmly in my tracks as at 1:12:30 the hosts, Johnny Hasting and the Rodge began the blog post of the month segment. The subject of which was my very own Fimir of Albion army, about which they had some very nice things to say. I'm feeling a bit chuffed, as anyone who has seen the work of either of these guys knows they produce some pretty goddam fantastic work, such as the Bull Ogres and the Cthulhu daemon army, so praise from these guys is praise indeed. It made my day, to say the least.

A better man would be far too modest to mention such a thing on his own blog.

Sooo... if you like your Warhammer podcasts on the laid back yet slightly salty side, and I do, check out Point Hammered. They also run the You Magnificent Bastards blog, which is chock full of tutorials, army projects and general hobby goodness.

8 comments:

  1. Nice. Did they teach you the special handshake? "Special tentacle shake" while appropriate, sounds wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do the propeller dance, but it was totally worth it.

      Delete
  2. I heard this as well, was going to give you a little shout out, turns out I didn't have to.

    Some pretty well deserved praise, I'd say! And the podcast's pretty darn funny as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Llama. It does give me a little glow. It's a great podcast, the two guys have a great rapport, which is what makes it, really.

      Delete
  3. Salty...could be a word for those two. I know both of them, they can be even more over the top salty in person when they are together. Get them apart and they are more tolerable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. They seem like quite the pair. I'd be more than keen to go for a drinking session with them though, were such a thing possible.

      Delete
  4. I'd say it was praise that was well deserved Dave as you fimir army is one of the best I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...