Thursday, June 21, 2018

Genestealer Cult - Ancestor Relic



It's been a while since I added anything to my genestealer cult, the Kabeiroi. With the release of the rules for the cult in White Dwarf I decided to paint a few new additions to get the family Necromunda ready. I've wanted to paint up this gnarly gun-toting alien skull for a while. It's a long OOP fan sculpt I've had in the 'must do' box for ages. It'll be a good proxy for a familiar in the game. As my cult are a corrupted Adeptus Mechanicus temple I think he'll fit in just fine.



It's pretty big for a servo skull so it makes sense that it'd be the remains of a revered if unlucky purestrain. I initially just pinned it to the base with steel rod, but it looked a little lacklustre. I bent some more rod into shape and wound pewter cabling around it and pinned it all to a piece of sprue. I added the connector cable to the back to add a little motion.

I've got the cult love now, so I have a big old aberrant on the painting table. After that I might tackle an acolyte. He's a selection of the crew thus far.

Brother Yogoth hangs out with Grandad, brandishing his illegal plasma pistol.
Nothing like a nice family outing. Hierarch Mijur is a wizz with the googlemaps.

22 comments:

  1. This is sweet and it reminds me I should paint mine, oh and wait... GW3 has profils for servo skulls, if taht's not starts aligning I don't know what is (apart from actual stars aligning).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Assless! That's very convenient. I haven't picked up GW3 yet. Can you customize the skulls?

      Delete
  2. The new servo skull/familiar is lush. I really do prefer it when the support for a flying / floating model is cunningly concealed. The cable additions are perfect. More of this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Axiom. Yeah, I do prefer that myself most of the time. Cables are an easy get out of jail card with skulls.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! I have so many that need paint it's almost criminal.

      Delete
    2. T'is the curse of our kind...

      Delete
    3. A burden I bear happily, in truth.

      Delete
  4. What's better then a floating skull? A floating skull with gunz! Awesome job man. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is tremendously cool! I'm myself working on servoskulls for my Cult too, so I cannot tell you how inspiring and encouraging this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber, most kind! There are hybrid skulls in the GW skulls box in case you're after some.

      Delete
  6. Sumptuous. Love the contrast on the shading and lights. Perfect colours quality basing, what more can you ask really, paint more of them quicker I suppose ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Otto. Speed would be my first wish to the genie.

      "I want to paint faster."

      "But master, you can wish for anything, I can bring them to li-"

      " I SAID. Paint. faster."

      Delete
  7. What a great Genestealer gang. I've been struggling to get mine into shape. Freaky assortment of figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. I like my Gcult heavy on the freaky.

      Delete
  8. These guys are looking amazing!! Loving the skull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Legio. I have so many more I want to add, as is the way with pet projects.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful work! As was mentioned above, GW3 has servo skullz- targeting, health, and gun varieties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks! That's great, this guy will be a gun servitor then. Means I'll need to paint an actual familiar!

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...