Saturday, January 8, 2022

Silver Bayonet - Kapitán Radu Morozov


So, a new year yawns before us. Rather than my usual look back at the previous year's hobby, this year I'm just going to plough right into a new project, that being a unit for the recently released Silver Bayonet. I'm going with Russians, but as is my want, undead Russians. I'm using this project as an excuse to paint some of the Witchlands Flintloque minis I've had in storage for some decades now. They're pretty much ideal. So, off we go!

The first member of the band is the enigmatic Kapitán Radu Morozov. 

A vampire of impressive age, he hails from Wallachia originally, but has spent many years roaming the Ottoman Empire for reasons known only to himself. Most recently he has been pursing rumours of a Turkish town plagued by two mysterious Janissaries, notable as the Janissaries had been violently disbanded decades earlier. To secure the location of the town he has gathered a retinue to pursue such leads as he has gathered thus far. 

Radu is not of a mind to let any would be vampire hunters hinder his search, and is something of an artist in his use of extreme violence.

So, the unit is off the blocks. Next up a rather ragged old veteran hunter.

9 comments:

  1. Terribly fascinating miniature: great how you made the facial expression and the different texture of the various dark painted garments, the hat, the cape and the boots. The narration that accompanies the figure is perfectly consistent with the character, as well as engaging: we can't wait to know the developments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodor, I'm hoping to have the first of his minions ready shortly!

      Delete
  2. Hmm, pretty tasty one, I love the face and the whole vibe the paintjob instils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber! It's amazing how far the historical rabbithole you can go even when researching for quasi-fantasy undead Napoleonic uniforms.

      Delete
  3. I love this. Teh figure. The story. All well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim! Developing the characters background helps keep mojo high, which in turn feeds back into more ideas for painting. It's a happy hobby battery for me.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Dave!
    As is customary at this point, I will state that I look forward to trampling his ashes into the miniature battlefield earth sooner, rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Cheetor! I feel a ritualised response will evolve to be appropriate. Like I should pour some tea in a strictly controlled fashion, turn the cup 90 degrees, bow and say something like 'Looking forward to it, but it is I who will be doing the trampling!' before shuffling out of the room and pulling the screen doors shut, thus ending the pre-game smack talk ceremony.

      Delete
    2. Well I immediately opened my fan and fanned myself vigorously and said "Good day to you sir! GOOD! DAY!" as I read, so I reckon we ate on the same page.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...