Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Silver Bayonet - Serzhant Ursov's Bearform


On this most appropriate evening, I present Serzant Ursov's cadaverous were-form, the undead Russian bear. Amazing what niche rabbit holes you end of going down in this hobby.

The stinky giant is from Diehard Miniatures. He's a great sculpt, and has been lounging about morosely on my painting desk for months. He's big enough too, sitting on a 50mm base. I resolved to get him finished for Halloween, and lo, here he is.


Ursov's fur is drybrushing and thinned contrast paints, which is a very pleasant way to paint. Ratling Grime contrast makes for a great recess wash for mid-browns. Lots of red, purple and green washes on the flesh over a Rakharth Flesh basecoat, a Rakharth Flesh highlight, and the soggy bear flesh was done. The old exposed muscle was Khorne Red with purple, dark brown and red washes, highlighted with Khorne Red and a little Corax White. The usual bone recipe, some maggots and claws, and that was about it.


This fellow wraps up my my minimum required minis for my Russian Silver Bayonet squad. Huzzah! I have one more character I want to add for now though, and she'll be along presently.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing job, I love how menacing and imposing this beast looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber, he's a nice sculpt I must say. He was sitting forlornly on my desk for the bones of a year, so its great to have him done!

      Delete
  2. Of all the questions this guy raises, I'm ashamed to say the one on top is "how does the flesh groes back on the right of his face when he turns into a bear. He's a formidable character though, with painting matching his greatness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Hand waving' Magic right?

      Thanks my man, I'm really looking forward to getting him onto the table to see what kind of mayhem he can cause.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...