Monday, August 24, 2026

Norse 1 - Sigurd Kåresson

A change of pace. Gone are the eyeless sockets, rusty armour and the jerky gait. In with guttural war cries, coastal raiding and shaggy beards. It's the Vikings! 

I'm building a small force of Vikings for Saga, something I've been meaning to get around to for years. Saga seems a very fun game, and the model count needed is very reasonable. I'm starting with a four-point warband, and we'll see where it goes from there. I have a Saga weekend coming up, so that'll give me a nice idea of what to add to the force.

I've plenty of minis underway, but this is the first one finished. Sigurd Kåresson, who will lead my first unit of hirdmen. He's an old Citadel sculpt. Citadel did a lovely range of Norse back in the 80s. This range eventually went to Foundry, and you can still buy most of them to this day. 

Sigurd here is a super nice sculpt, and called to me. He bade me join him in the halls of Valh- sorry. What was I saying? Yes. So, the temptation would be to give him grey hair, so I went with blond. He's not an old guy, just wears that helmet too much. 

I'll be posting the first unit of four hirdmen (Hearthguard in Saga) shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...