Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Armies

This year, I'm finally going to have a crack at two armies that I've been longing to do for a long time. Friends of mine I am sure are so well used to hearing me go on about them they have long since given up the idea of me ever actually starting them. They are the chaos dwarves and the fimir. I've been a long time fan of both races, and now I have enough models to begin creating viable armies.

I'm still very much building my vampire counts army, so this is going to be a busy year on the hobby front. I've already had my first game with the chaos dwarves, and got hooped. There have been some changes to the Indy GT list since then to begin getting it compatible with 8th ed, so I'm hoping the changes will help. There was also an incident with some miners that didn't help matters.

The fimir army will use the warriors of chaos list. The mark of Nurgle will simulate the fimir's protective mist, and fimm warriors, nobles, meargh and so on can all be accommodated in the list. I'll be setting the army in Albion, so there will be local Celtic style humans (shearl) and fen beasts in the army too. Issue twenty five of Warpstone magazine was invaluable for background.

So. Here is the first test model for the chaos dwarf obsidian guard and fimir fimm warrior (chaos warrior) regiments, and the ghast for my first ghoul regiment. I felt obliged to use the old Heroquest fimir as the first model, though I do plan to use Bloodmoon miniatures bog raiders and old Citadel fimir for the majority or the army. I'll post more wip shots as they come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...