Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Genestealer Cult - Hybrid Aberration Finished

After spending a long damn time on my painting table, the heavy weapon hybrid is done. I painted him in brief snatches of hobby time over the last month, ten minutes here, half and hour there, as that's all I had available to me until recently. Anyway, he's finally done, and as such brings the squad up to half strength.




As you've probably guessed, the autocannon is magnetized. I feel he'll be getting a big claw at some point in the future. My 40k bits box is slowly getting to the point where I at least have some options. This entire guy is made from bits I purloined from the various trading pages on Facebook.

Here's the gang so far. Five more to go. Melta gun armed 2nd generation up next.


8 comments:

  1. His teeny weeny robe of office amuses me. He is quite fun looking.

    The flesh tones are nice. I find painting flesh to be a terrible time sink. In terms of time spent painting (rather than time spent glaring from the painting table) did it take longer than each of the others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did take longer to build than the others, but he didn't really take much longer to paint. I had to paint his hand and gun separately, which is a little more fiddly, but the main drawback was that I didn't get a run at painting him. A few minutes here and there was the best I could manage.

      Delete
  2. Definitely your best piece so far. More of the crazy hybrid sort please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill idea for the abberation!
    So brill you sure can consider it stolen...

    -Demi-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demi. The finest form of flattery, I hear, so steal away.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...