Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Gaslands - The Ophanim


The Gaslands project chugs on. Today I add the main man to the gang, that patriarch himself, on his tricked out limo, The Ophanim.

I wanted a performance car for the gang, and not adding a limo to a genestealer cult Gaslands crew would be a major missed opportunity. Happily I came across an the perfect vintage die-cast car in a €1 tub of similarly unloved cars at a local scale-modeller shop.

Once I'd mutilated the old car, I ferreted about for some tasty parts to make it into a conveyance for the more ostentatious patriarch. A throne made of all sorts of detritus, a nasty ram, assorted do-das and a nice laser cannon. The crew are from Ramshackle, Northstar and Games Workshop (big daddy is in fact a genestealer cult familiar). I love the Northstar wasteland warriors, they make perfect neophytes. I have several prepped for duty as dismounted crew down the road. Down the road. Eh? No?

Fine.


The car was painted up much the same as the rest of the gang, heavyily weathered and with plenty of black contrast paint. I added a little heat damage to the laser and painted up the... lasery bit as if it is hot to add some visual interest. I fear for that crewman's nethers if that thing misfires.


The performance car has two build slots, so I chose the laser and grabber arm. The reason I went for grabber arm is that I wanted something to represent the patriarch's psychic powers as he mentally compels enemy drivers to plough their cars into walls, off bridges and into each other. The arm can change an enemy vehicle's facing, so that works nicely.

With the limo done, I am starting work on the final car of the gang, the buggy.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, this is pure genius, I love the composition and how everything fits in. Great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. Certainly one of my more unusual projects, but mighty fun.

      Delete
  2. Superb! I love the use of the familiar as your patriarch: very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Preacher, I'm pretty happy with little poppa. More difficult is making some 20mm 2nd generation acolytes on foot, but it's happening.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...