Sunday, May 17, 2020

Gaslands - Jackal Bikers


The Gaslands project careens towards completion. The last vehicular additions are these two wee bikers. Kol Venner and Sayben Desh riding Jackal bikes operate as outriders and scouts for the Faithful Sons.

Both of the bikers are 3D prints, graciously sent to me by a pal once I announced I was looking for genecult bikers in 20mm. I mounted them on bases I had left over from my Man O' War project.

Kol Venner on Jackal One.

This one has an obvious warboy vibe, but suits equally well as a neophyte biker. I painted on some residual brow ridges just to reinforce the genecult theme, as well as  a purplish tinge to his skin.

Sayben Desh on Jackal Two.

Kol here is much more obviously a miniature atalan jackal. Where he hails from, I know not, I was just delighted to my hands on him.

With these two outriders, the gang is technically complete. However, I'm going to add some cult members on foot should 20mm cult wargaming opportunities loom at some juncture.

Little Beast flanked by the jackal riders.

12 comments:

  1. Damned! The Lockdown seems to be very productive in Ireland (Ok, Ok, ...) No doubt, these fellas are going to be good additionnal troops to your gang. Scouts are usefull in loads of cases !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nico! Yes, after a quiet Spring I seem to be picking up momentum nicely.

      Delete
  2. They both feel just perfect, they have quite an undefinable quality a vibe. Terrific paintjob on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber. I've painted up a decent amount of 3D prints for this project, but these are my first all printed minis. I was very happy with the quality, and delighted by the lack of mouldlines.

      Delete
  3. This really is a top drawer project Mr S, well done.

    The day that we get these guys doing their thing on the table together if one to look forward to. High fives all round that day I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Cheetor. I look forward to that day with GREAT relish.

      Delete
  4. Super work - and I though Hybrids on horseback were the coolest thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Thantsants. Hybrids on anything are the coolest thing.

      Delete
  5. Those are awesome sculpts, too often bikes look like 2500cc monstrosities that would wrench an arm out of its socket on a left turn but these are scaled nicely. As soon as I saw jackal 2 I thought is that a stealer cultist? Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave, I really want to know if you struggled with a 3d printing texture on these. Zooming in, they're so smooth that they look like casts of conventional sculpts. Did you have the work the surfaces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say no, not at all. Many of the parts I used on the cars were prints, and they were all quite smooth. The printer they hark from must be quite fancy. The machine guns on the Little Beast and the ram and wheels on the Ophanim are prints too.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...