Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sláine 3 - The Lord Weird Slough Feg


The Sláine project continues with one of my childhood favourites, Slough Feg. His pose is based on the iconic Bisley drawing for the Horned God series.

Feg is Sláine's predecessor, the old horned God, and he is not planning on retiring. Having thrown in his lot with Crom Cruach and the Dark Gods of Cythrawl, he now leads the Drunes, intent on destroying the land of the young. Also, he is as mad as a box of frogs.


How could you not love him? he also gets some cracker lines in the comic. His odd syntax only adding to his macabre appeal.


So yes, Feg, all round top guy. 

As to painting this loon, his skin took me a while to get right. I didn't want him to look too undead, as he isn't, just super old and fairly stinking. I uses GW Contrast paints almost exclusively, bar some highlighting. A mix of Basilicarum Grey and Fyreslayer Flesh mixed with medium finally gave me a nice wash for the skin. Over that I glazed, mostly in the recesses and on the elbows, knees and knuckles, purple, pink and red to add some unholy life to the flesh. Some minor highlights of Flayed One Flesh and finally Pallid Wych Flesh and that was it. 

The rest of Feg used techniques I'd tried on the Skull Swords for leather, cloth etc. All pretty natural materials. His horns and progressive washes of Contrast browns from Skeleton Horde down to Garaghak's Sewer, mixed with medium. 


So, now that the main man is done, it's time for some of his champions, and yet more Skull Swords.

6 comments:

  1. Simply outstanding work. Definitely a post I'll be returning to when I finally settle down to painting my Slaine stuff. Keep up the terrific work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are plenty more Drunes on the way!

      Delete
  2. These look superb! Great job on them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. It's certainly a bucket list force for me, and as such, a lot of fun to work on.

      Delete
  3. Super stuff. I am following this force with great interest. You have done a fine job on Mr. Feg to capture his creepy stinky vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. I enjoyed getting Feg out of his cave. There are a lot of very appealing minis in the faction. Slough Throt, a pack of Half Dead and the bould Elfric are all demanding attention, but the common Drune soldiery are in high demand first.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...