Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fimir - Dirach Grunsgul, Update 1


Since I decided that my floating rock plinth needed a dedicated rider, I thought I'd use the the opportunity to build a human size dirach. I don't want him stuck on the plinth, so I'm going to magnetise him to it, and make another magnetized 25x25mm base for him should I want to field him on foot. This comes of the back of some salient advice from the various forums. Indeed, the idea for the model to use as a dirach came from Chico of Oldhammer on a Budget, who is a bit of a fimir fan as well.

As you can see, I've converted the head to make him a bit more dirachy. It's a really characterful head, and it suits the horns which serve to lengthen the face even more. I may convert the tail too, as dirach have smooth tails. (It does dawn on me that most folks won't know what the hell a dirach even is, let alone what kind of tail he has, or why I needed to add horns. Just go with it. It'll be grand.)

He's going to have a familiar on the plinth with him, a scroll carrier to help the ageing fimir remember his spells. I can feel a back story coalescing already. Anyhow, I'm going to use this little fella, who has been sitting in a box for years awaiting some attention.


I'll probably add a little paraphernalia to the plinth too, some scrolls and such to add a little more detail. To think this all started out as a base extender...

6 comments:

  1. You could always just swap the smooth musician tail for the clubbed standard bearer tail. Loving the horns there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, love the horns too, the longer face helps give the model a somehow older look which will be perfect for such a character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he'll be a bit of an old codger. That's two of my main characters decrepit old fimir. My next character is going to have to be young and vital to compensate.

      Delete
    2. Nice antlers on that lad. Are they from the wood elf Dryads? I always liked the way you can distinguish the castes from their heads and tails.

      Delete
    3. Bingo, the dryad kit. I've been pillaging that kit since I started the fimir. It's full of great bits and pieces.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...