Friday, March 14, 2014

White Dwarf - New Daemon Rules


I must say, I've been enjoying the new weekly white dwarf. It's a nice roundup of what's going on in the realms of Games Workshop for the week. The tone of the magazine seems slightly more casual, whilst obviously still trying to sell you all the things. There just seems a to be a tiiiiiny bit more whimsy in the editorial style, and it's lacking the fevered desperation to shift product that was sadly evident in the monthly. I really didn't like the blurb text on new models in the rebooted monthly. It was a little too heavy on the hard sell.

But I digress. White Dwarf weekly issue 7 contains something I'd been hoping to see for a while now. New rules not available elsewhere. Enter the exalted flamer.

Page 18-19 contain all new rules for using the exalted flamer as a new hero choice (or HQ, if you dig on the 40k) for daemons. No longer bound only to a chariot, the fellow can now be fielded on foot. Or, stump, I guess. Or whatever that flamey mouth thing is he has for feet.

Regardless of the usefulness of the new unit, it's a very good sign that this has appeared in the magazine. Granted, it's rules for an existing model that was essentially useless if you built the kit with the herald, but it's still a move in the right direction. I dearly hope it's not an anomaly, and we get more new rules in the weekly.

4 comments:

  1. We have come to be suprised to see rules in WD but I agree it is definitely moving in the right direction if they continue this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A positive sign to be sure, but damn those Knights is UUUUUGGGGLLLYYYY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the knights. But no one sells White Dwarf here magazine distributers in NZ weren't even told of the changes according to their records they were still expecting monthly releases then nothing came. Piss poor communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I really like the knights.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...