Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fimir - Fimir Head 4

The last of my head variants for my fimm units, this time a shouting head. It took a couple of attempts to get it to this stage, and there's a bit of work left, mostly smoothing and filing, but it's still curing, so one must wait. The teeth were a pain, I re-did them a couple of times. I considered doing some tusks on the top jaw, as in Paul Bonner's fimir illustrations. (see below)


In the end I quite liked the bottom jaw tusks. They match the heads I've done already. SO! Once this is cured and finished I'll crack open the instant mould and get making them moulds. I'm dying to see how the heads look on the finished miniatures. Anyhow, thanks to Mr Paul Bonner and Mr Jes Goodwin for inspiration for these heads.

4 comments:

  1. They look very good. That´s one thing that´s missing from the fig world...lots of different heads for making swops.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Paul. They're getting a bit of interest, in fact. I'm already sending (not selling) some off, destined for a fimir blood bowl team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About Fimir to BB
    http://www.impactminiatures.net/index.php?option=tournament_profile&id=LI_ARCW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dreadaxe. I have this guy, he's going to be converted into my battle standard bearer. I'm looking forward to that, I have ambitious plans for the standard, possibly based on some of the old fimir illustrations.

    http://verrahrubicon.free.fr/images/fimir_ban1.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...