Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fimir - Another Fimm & Finished Bloodmoon Raider


The next two fimm out of the swamp are done and dusted. I have some more almost done on the painting table, but I thought I'd pop these up in the meantime. The converted fimm is the most heavily armed one I've done thus far, with a helm and various other odds and ends of armour. His axe was an idea I got from Fimm of Fimm McCool's Games Orkshop. His fimm have converted dwarf weapons to give the fimm that Celtic vibe, and I unceremoniously stole the idea as it looks gooood.


The other fellow is an out of the blister bog raider from Bloodmoon Miniatures. They're having a bit of a re-jig at the moment, and are returning in the Summer. I picked a few of these lads up before I had decided on the road-to-madness savage orc idea, and I was loathe to leave them out altogether, so I have a few of them in the fimm units to give the unit more variety in pose, even if they are quite different from the converted fimm. Once hidden away in the unit they fit in pretty snugly.

5 comments:

  1. They look amazing, good stuff!
    It's gonna break your heart when they flee from my Dwarves. It'll be character building for you though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys are really starting to come alive!

    Absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank ee koindly.

    Craig. Oh Craig. Now, why'd you have to go and anger the clan? You know I'll be rampaging through your lines like a fox in a hen-house. Big talk though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering, how difficult is it to find Fimir type models that are big enough to represent monstrous infantry? The old fimir were man-sized so I'm guessing that, as a result, all alternative lines from back in the day will be a similar scale, no? Are many different companies releasing anything usable now that Forge World have scaled them up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, the old fimir were all monstrous infantry size. There were only 2 human size fimir ever released, Jes Goodwin's limited edition fimir, and the Heroquest plastic fimir. The only alternative producer is Bloodmoon Miniatures Bog Raiders, but they are human scale. Apart from Forge World, there are no other producers doing anything monstrous infantry size. Hope that's of some help!

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...