Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fimir - Mud & Bone

I've been doing a lot of base work of late. This is no great trial, as I love basing in general, but it's been there have been no actual models attached to the bases I've been doing lately. The reason for this is that both are bases that models magnetise to, allowing me to get more bang for my buck as it were. My meargh can now sport either a 40x40mm or 50x50mm base. The 50x50 gives her a little more height too, which she badly needs when she's masquerading a a daemon prince. The other is a 100x150mm size base for Crom, so I can use him as a hellcannon as well as his regular 50x100mm chariot base. The 100x150mm base is almost done now, some more details and it's ready for the table.

I've made extensive use of ogre parts for the fimir, as there are so many fantastic bits. Bones, hooks, traps, bags, weapons, buckets and so on, basically conversion gold. You can see here a really tasty bit from one of the ogre sets, probably the thundertusk kit.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning, love what you're doing with this whole Fimir-project! I can only assume this is the same project I've read about and seen on TWF?

    I have a little question: If you are ever so slightly familiar with LotR-models and their somewhat smaller scale [than WHFB], would you say that the Ogre-bits - in general - would be usable as decorative bits for bases in the LotR-system? The cartooniness might also be an issue, come to think of it.

    I know the question is rather specific, but I have had a hard time deciding which bits from what WHFB/40K-box (it is typically GW that provides the most interesting bits out there) that actually work for LotR... and sometimes the cartooniness is a problem and sometimes the bits work very well after some minor adjustment for the system I prefer.

    Thank you for your time, M. K.G/Llama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's the same one. I post it on a few forums.

      I think the ogre bits would like very big on LotR bases. LotR are true 28mm, whereas the Warhammer range is more commonly referred to as 28mm heroic scale, which means most of the ogre bits would look a little off with strict 28mm scale.

      Delete
    2. Ah, yes... some parts do work for me in LotR, but the ogre-parts aren't optimal then! Thanks for the reply!

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...